Nairobi Primary School is a Mixed Day & Boarding school. The school is sponsored by The Central Government. The School Institution Type is classified as – Ordinary . This Primary School in Kenya has an enrollment of 1696 with a student teacher ratio of 31.3 and this means there is 50.8 pupils per classroom in 32 classrooms. There are a total of 34 Government of Kenya Teachers at this school.
Mission: To develop a holistic child by providing quality education, as we promote creativity, innovation and spiritual nourishment, to empower the child in realizing their God given potential.
Vision: To be the leading institution in providing quality education for life
HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
Situated in the city of Nairobi between the University of Nairobi and the State House Road, Nairobi primary school is not a new name in Kenya as its history dates back to 1902, during the arrival of the ‘permanent way’, The Kenya railway.
Originally built on a site near the Railway Club, the school later relocated to Kenya Club around 1916 with a third move locating it to its present location in Milimani.
Having started in 1902, it was officially opened on 1st January, 1927 by Lt-Col. Edward Grigg, Governor and Commander-In-Chief of the then Colony and Protectorate of Kenya as a school for the Asians and Europeans. It later became an All European School and a government school until Kenya gained her independence when it became a multi-racial school and opened its doors to all children irrespective of race, colour and religion.
Nairobi primary school played a key role in the creation of some of the best known schools in the country. In the late 1920’s senior boys and girls made up the first intake of students at Nairobi school formerly known as ‘Prince of Whales’ and at Kenya High School.
During World War II it was occupied by the military, then during the Congo Crisis it was occupied by the refugees. As a result of World War II and an influx of the European community into Kenya the school had to be expanded to accommodate the children of the white settlers farming outside Nairobi. This is when the Girls Block with its fine kitchen and a dining room were added in 1936.
The school has grown over the years to its present establishment, to accommodate the academic needs of the pupils.